Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

5K update and my baby

It's been awhile since my last post. Sorry to the people who were actually reading, if there are any of y'all. . .

Guess what?! I completed my first 5K back in December! It was cold and hilly. I didn't run the whole time, like I wished I had BUT I completed it. And faster than my pregnant sister in law so go me! As it goes with me and my people, we got there right as the race started. I was feeling pretty confident until my brother in law passed me a mile in. After he went and parked the car at the finish. Then he passed me as he doubled back after he finished the race to walk with his pregnant wife for awhile. Then he met up with me and we ran (which at this point was a slow trot on my end) to the finish. It was pretty cool watching my name flash up with my time (42 minutes, holla!). And I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. There is definitely an adrenaline rush at the start but by the fourth hill, all you want it to be is over. Anyway, I guess I didn't hate it too much because I've started the couch to 10K program now, 2 days in!, and I am still debating whether or not I am actually going to run one. There is this one in Atlanta in July that is kinda a big deal that might be fun except for the heat. The only thing worse than running in the freezing cold (did I mention the morning of the 5K it was about 30 degrees?) is running in the blistering summer Atlanta heat. I'll keep everyone posted, don't worry!

Now onto things you actually care about. . . Maggie! Can we take a minute and talk about how in 2 months my baby will be a YEAR old?! Seriously, I want to cry. I have started making a video of her first year and I actually tear up looking at the newborn pictures and how little she was. I mean look at her now! A real little girl sitting up and everything.


How is that possible? Cliche, I know, but time literally flew by. The hours and days not so much but the rest of it did. Pure craziness, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment